CD1 1. Juke - Little Walter And The Night Cats (Checker 758) 19522. Can't Hold On Much Longer - Little Walter And The Night Cats (Checker 758
Näytetään ainoa tulos
Little Walter - Complete Checker Singles As & Bs 1959-1960 (2CD) (CD)€15,00
• Little Walter Jacobs was blues harmonica player, singer, songwriter and occasional guitarist who revolutionised the way that the harmonica was played and recorded, bringing a new dimension to the blues during the 1950s.
• He was one of the first artists to amplify his harmonica by holding it to a microphone and maybe the first artist on any instrument deliberately to use electronic distortion as part of his range of sounds.
• He was a member of Muddy Waters’ band, appearing on many of his records during the 1950s, but from 1952 recorded for the Chess subsidiary Checker, his releases regularly featuring a harmonica-led instrumental on one side and a vocal performance on the others.
• He scored an R&B No. 1 with his first solo single “Juke”, and another one a few years later with what became a staple of blues bands the world over “My Babe”. Little Walter became the only harmonica player to be inducted into the Rock ‘n’ Roll Hall Of Fame.
• This great value 52-track collection, with extensive booklet notes plus comprehensive discographical, chart, session and personnel information, comprises all of his Checker A & B sides from 1952 to 1960 plus two bonus tracks from 1961 and 1962, and includes all of his 15 R&B chart hits.