CD1 1. No Shoulder To Cry On (Columbia 20999) 1952 2. We're Steppin' Out Tonight (Columbia 20999) 1952 3. Sample Kisses (Columbia 21060) 1952 4. L
Näytetään ainoa tulos
Gibson Don - The Complete Singles As & Bs 1952-62 (2CD) (CD)€15,00
• Don Gibson was a country singer and songwriter, whose influence and impact was achieved not only through his own hit singles, but also those by other artists who recorded his songs.
• He came to prominence in the mid-1950s, so was not part of the honky-tonk tradition that was established in the immediate post-war decade, his music having a more modern and contemporary flavour, occasionally transcending the divide between country and mainstream pop and rock ‘n’ roll.
• Perhaps his best-known song was “I Can’t Stop Lovin’ You”, a No. 7 hit for him in 1958, but a worldwide No. 1 for Ray Charles a few years later. His first country No. 1 “Oh Lonesome Me”, was also a pop hit for other artists in both the USA and UK. His US No.2 “Sea Of Heartbreak” was a UK pop hit in 1961.
• This great value 60-track 2-CD collection, with extensive booklet notes plus comprehensive discographical, chart, session and personnel information, comprises not only all his A & B sides for Columbia, MGM and RCA during the decade from 1952-62, but also eight bonus album tracks selected from five of his albums during that time.
• It includes more than 20 country and pop chart entries, among them the No. 1s “Oh Lonesome Me” and “Blue Blue Day”. It’s a fine showcase for his distinctive talent.