01 Rock Therapy Johnny Burnette & The Rock'n'Roll Trio 02 Doctor, Doctor Ben Joe Zeppa & The Hot Notes 03 Call A Doctor The Crows</s
Näytetään ainoa tulos
Various - Destination Health – Dr. Feelgood’s Rock Therapy (CD)€10,00
1-CD with 28-page booklet, 30 tracks. Total playing time approx. 74min• A compilation of acoustic vitamins against viruses, germs, depression and hamster buying, made with confidence, sense and love!
• Stay at home and listen to more music! Doc Feelgood’s Rock Therapy is the ideal home remedy!
• We present 30 bop pills from four decades how to defy and prevent diseases. Not only our ears are happy about a whole series of rarities, as music helps to survive crises!
• Of course, besides rarities there is also the non-plus-ultra from this category, the title song by the Johnny Burnette Trio, plus Carl Perkins, Bo Diddley, Louis Jordan, up to the one man band of the legendary Hasil Adkins, Huey ’Piano’ Smith’s Sinus Blues not to forget!
• Besides good rock ’n’ roll of the particular category, orchestral recordings are also featured. For example the theme from the TV series ’Medic’ by Les Baxter, Noro Morales with an extremely rare mambo recording from Colombia. In addition Woody Herman delivers the Doctor Jazz!
• Plus, there are legendary blues and R&B tracks, such as those by Floyd Dixon, Little Willie Littlefield and the legendary Boogie Disease by Doctor Ross, as well as rarities by unknown artists such as Dennis Bell, Joey Nepote, and The Mysterions, who live up to their name. Hits and rarities are combined here. The rarities predominate, many of them for the first time on CD!
• Song-by-song notes by Bill Dahl are included in the richly illustrated 28-page color booklet!The Current Background
Medical disasters, pandemics and epidemics exist at least as long as living beings inhabit this planet. And since music has been around, songs have been made about diseases and their treatment. One thinks of medieval minnesongs against plague and cholera or the TB Blues, which is about the treacherous tuberculosis and was already sung on the cotton fields of the American South before the first sound carriers could be technically produced.
Today, in the year 2020, we must confront the Corona Virus, which causes fear and anxiety to many. This gave us the idea to musically refer to the medical history with this idiosyncratic compilation and at the same time to encourage. From our own experience we can report: Music is definitely therapy against fear and worries!
The Musical Retrospection
Besides the listening pleasure, which acts like a vitamin injection, you will be musically taken on a medical journey through time, which chronologically begins in 1939 and ends in 1965. Some of the songs deal with the topic in a thoroughly humorous way and make you smile. Very rare titles and nostalgic popular songs alternate. Everyone still knows Boppin’ The Blues by Carl Perkins or the Doo-Wop-laden Call A Doctor by the Crows! Some rare recordings have been released here on CD for the first time! Among them Noro Morales’ mambo-instrumental Vitamina and The Mysterions’ Amnesia! Many more rarities in this compilation will raise morale as well as a number of blues and R&B artists will do so. Among them Little Willie Littlefield, Louis Jordan with his incomparable Rock Doc, Floyd Dixon and Doctor Ross!