Näytetään kaikki 2 tulosta
Berry Chuck - Rock And Roll Music Any Old Way You Choose It – The Complete Studio Recordings 16-CD + 2 BOOKS BOXSET (CD)€299,00
16-CD boxed set (28 x 28 x 6 cms ) with 2 hardcover books (356 total pages) in a clothbound slipcase, 396 tracks, total playing time: 21 hours and 11 minutes.
”If you tried to give rock and roll another name, you might call it ’Chuck Berry.'” (John Lennon)
Since our launch in 1975, we at Bear Family have wanted to honor Chuck Berry. There have been endless Chuck Berry compilations—more than anyone could possibly tabulate, but we wanted to do the ultimate Chuck Berry compilation, containing:
- Every single and LP track, starting with a rare pre-Chess single with Joe Alexander from 1954!
- All the celebrated and legendary Chess singles and album cuts from 1955 to 1966 and from 1969 to 1974.
- All the Mercury recordings, and the Atco album. Every surviving alternate take as well.
- Classic Live Recordings from 1956 to 1972.
- Exclusive introduction by Sir Paul McCartney.
But there’s more!
Expatriate British photographer Bill Greensmith lives in St. Louis and a few years back he found the photo archive of Chuck Berry’s uncle, Harry Davis. Included are many previously unseen images of Chuck performing in St. Louis and hanging out with friends and family. In these images, Chuck is unguarded and relaxed. We also see him performing at blues nightspots in and around St. Louis before he was famous. These photos, included with this set in a high quality 104-page hardbound book, will open your eyes to Chuck Berry as you’ve never seen him.
Plus, there’s a second 252-page hardbound book with a definitive essay from Chuck’s biographer, Bruce Pegg, additional texts by Mike Snow and Roger Fairhurst, a comprehensive discography by Fred Rothwell, hundreds of published and unpublished photos, including several images made by respected French photographer Jean-Marie Perrier in 1964.
In other words, everything you want by Chuck Berry in one place!
The last word on the first name in Rock ‘n’ Roll.
More facts on Chuck Berry:
- In Rolling Stone’s list of The Immortals—the 100 Greatest Artists of All Time, Chuck Berry is listed at Number Five.
- Six of his songs are in Rolling Stone’s Greatest 500 Songs Ever Written.
- In Rolling Stone’s Greatest Guitar Songs of All Time, Johnny B. Goode is Number One.
- He was a Kennedy Center honoree in 2000. He received the Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award in 1984.
- When he was in the first round of inductees into the Rock ‘n’ Roll Hall of Fame in 1986, his induction read: While no individual can be said to have invented rock and roll, Chuck Berry comes the closest of any single figure to being the one who put all the essential pieces together. It was his particular genius to graft country & western guitar licks onto a rhythm & blues chassis in his very first single, ’Maybellene’.
Williams Hank - The Complete Box Set 10CD + KIRJA (Käytetty CD)€200,00
Täydellinen boxi. Upeat kirjat! 225 äänitystä. 53 ennenjulkaisematonta esitystä. Kaikki MGM ja Sterlings records äänitykset. 135 radio ja tv äänitystä. Kaikki digitaalisesti remasteroituna ja parhailla mahdollisilla soundeilla. Kaksi upeaa kirjaa, yli 150 sivua. AIKOJA SITTEN LOPPUUNMYYTY BOXI!! NYT YKSI JA NOPEIN SAA!!!