Näytetään ainoa tulos
Condition Red - The Complete Goodees (CD)€17,00
* The golden age of girl groups was seemingly all over until along came `Condition Red’, the classic biker death disc performed by the Goodees, a trio of teenagers from the roster of Stax Records’ small HIP offshoot.
* The group’s previous single, `For A Little While’, written and produced by Isaac Hayes and David Porter, was one of the last sessions to feature the Bar-Kays before most of the original band perished alongside Otis Redding in that fateful plane crash in December 1967.
* Production duties then shifted to the team of Don Davis and Fred Briggs, the brains behind `Condition Red’, which brilliantly re-cast the group as ladies-in-waiting to the Shangri-Las. The success of the single brought about the LP Candy Coated Goodees”, a mix of original material with covers of songs such as `My Boyfriend’s Back’ and `Double Shot (Of My Baby’s Love)’.
* Third 45 `Jilted’ was another intriguing and complex number, but was there a market for a five-minute opus about a knocked-up teen dumped at the altar? That there wasn’t soon became apparent and this rich slab of Southern Gothic sank without trace. Their final single `Goodies’, written and produced by giants of southern soul Dan Penn and Spooner Oldham, went the same way just as the girls hung up their rock’n’roll shoes.
* This collection features the complete ”Candy Coated Goodees” LP, four tracks drawn from rare non-album singles and seven previously unissued titles from the Stax vaults, including more great Penn and Oldham compositions – every known Goodees recording, 18 of them making their CD debut. The set comes with a booklet featuring notes based on an exclusive interview with group member Sandra Hall and a plethora of rare photos and memorabilia from her collection.”