Näytetään tulokset 1–24 / 48
Presley Elvis - No. 2 + Loving You (Digipak) (CD)€13,00
This essential CD edition contains two of Elvis Presley’s finest long plays (both issued on the RCA label) from the beginning of his career: his sensational second album, Nº2 (also known as Elvis, as well as Rock ‘N’ Roll nº 2), and the follow-up, Loving You, which contains the soundtrack to the King’s homonymous debut color film. These two LPs helped define the exact nature of early rock & roll and include such hits as “Ready Teddy,” “Paralyzed,” “Rip It Up,” and “Teddy Bear,” among others. Both LPs have been remastered and packaged together in this very special collector’s edition, which also contains 6 bonus tracks from the same period and presents an alternate cover sleeve (that was used for the first pressing of Elvis’ 2nd album in the UK by the label His Master’s Voice).
This is as rebellious, engaging and rousing as early rock & roll can sound.
ALSO INCLUDING COMPREHENSIVE BOOKLET VINTAGE MEMORABILIA UP-TO-DATE LINER NOTES
Dale Dick And His Del-Tones - Surfers` Choice + 10 Bonus (CD)€13,00
Blistering Southern California guitarist Dick Dale, the undisputed King of Surf Music,” is one of the most influential figures in rock ’n’ roll history. He birthed the genre singlehandedly in 1961, and this newly expanded edition, taken from the original masters, contains all the tracks from Surfers’ Choice, Dale’s scorching 1962 debut LP, spotlighting surf classics ”Let’s Go Trippin’,” ”Peppermint Man” and ”Surf Beat.” + 10 bonus tracks
Flamingos - The Sound Of The Flamingos + Flamingo Serenade (CD)€10,00
Formed in Chicago in 1952, The Flamingos have acquired a reputation as one of the finest vocal groups of the 50s. Although many of their recordings would fail to reach the pop charts or even get heard beyond a regional fan base, the band defined R&B and doo wop at their most elegant and sophisticated. The Flamingos matchless harmonies profoundly influenced the Motown Sound of the 1960s, as well as the Philly soul genre of the following decade. The graceful vocals and sharp choreography of some of the biggest soul stars (such as The Temptations, The Supremes, The Jackson 5, The Miracles and The Spinners, among others) owe a debt to them.
This essential edition presents two of The Flamingos finest albums in their entireties: the long unavailable masterpiece, The Sound of The Flamingos (1962), and their wonderful second LP, Flamingo Serenade (1959) the latter including what has become the group s signature tune, I Only Have Eyes for You. Both LPs, originally issued by the small label End Records, contain some of The Flamingos most soulful moments. In addition, this remastered collectors release includes 3 bonus tracks, consisting of some of the group s rocking milestones: Chickie Um Bah, Chick-A-Boom and Crazy, Crazy, Crazy.
Smith Ray - Travelin’ with Ray + Bonus (CD)€13,00
Best remembered for his 1959 hit “Rockin’ Little Angel,” the great Ray Smith was a rockabilly artist who recorded for the legendary Sun Records label.
A rock & roll pioneer, Smith was a charismatic singer and an exciting performer. Sam Phillips called him, “the most intense person I ever recorded. He was totally wrapped up in what he was doing.”
This essential release presents Ray Smith’s complete 1960 LP, Travelin’ with Ray, which was originally issued by Judd Records (owned by Sam Phillips’ brother, Jud Phillips). The 12 songs contained on the long-unavailable album mark the best introduction into Ray’s mastery and overlooked career. In addition to the original LP, this remastered collector’s CD contains 20 bonus tracks – including hard-to-find sides taped between 1958 and 1962.
Micke and Sylvia - New Sounds (CD)€10,00
This underrated treasure includes 12 fabulous songs that were waxed during the duo’s most inspired period. In addition to the original masterpiece, this remastered edition also contains 12 bonus tracks, consisting of the aforementioned smash “Love Is Strange,” plus a number of lesser-known local hits and hard to find sides from the same period.
Riley Billy Lee - Rock With Me Baby (CD)€13,00
Uusintapainos 2010 julkaistusta kokoelmasta.
2010 collection from one of Rockabilly’s toughest, edgiest singers. This release compiles a variety of the great Rock ’n’ Roll/Rockabilly recordings he made for Sun Records between 1956 and 1960, including Riley’s biggest hits as well as a host of tunes that missed the charts but match his signature songs for infectious energy. Every effort has been made to replicate the incredible vibrancy of the original Sun records.
Charles Ray - Live 1958-60 + 7 Bonus Tracks (2CD) (CD)€18,00
• This outstanding 2-CD set presents Ray Charles’ earliest live recordings, including his complete 1958 and 1960 Newport Jazz Festival performances –the former was originally issued on At Newport (Atlantic 1289)–, and his 1959 set at the Herndon Stadium in Atlanta –originally released as In Person (Atlantic 8039).
• Charles is backed by his amazing regular group, featuring such luminaries as Hank Crawford, Leroy “Hog” Cooper, and David “Fathead” Newman on saxes, and Marcus Belgrave on trumpet, plus backing vocals by The Raelettes.
• The original studio versions of several of the hits performed at the concerts have been added as a bonus.
Berry Chuck - The Complete 1955-61 Chess Singles (2CD) (CD)€15,00
• The archetypal rock & roller, Chuck Berry melded the blues, country, and a witty, defiant teen outlook into songs that have influenced virtually every Rock musician in his wake. He matched some of the most resonant and witty lyrics in pop to music with a blues bottom and a country top, trade-marking the results with his signature double-string guitar lick
• Berry recorded most of his finest work between the mid ’50s and the early ’60s, including hits like ”Maybellene”, ”Roll Over Beethoven”, ”Johnny B Goode”, ”Around and Around”, ”Carol”, ”Sweet Little Sixteen”, and Little Queenie”, to name a few. the aforementioned songs, and many others, have been included on this essential 2-CD set, which compiles all of chuck Berry’s 7″ singles (A&B sides), recorded by the Chess label between 1955 and 1961. In addition, this collectors’ release contains three bonus tracks from the same period. The original gems presented here have been brilliantly remastered to achieve the most pristine sound. These simple two-and-a-half-minute songs convey all the sheer power and emotion of early rock ’n’ roll.
Atkins Chet - Teensville + Stringin’ Along with Chet Atkins + 6 bonus tracks (CD)€13,00
• The wonderful period cover says it all. Guitar supremo Atkins aims his Gretsch and Bigsby tremolo unit at the youth market. Hard to imagine anyone jiving to “Till There Was You” but maybe they saved that for the subsequent petting session
• Chet Atkins has been cited as a prime influence by numerous top guitarists over the years although few have sought to emulate his precise and immaculately smooth picking style.
• Remastered definitive edition containing two quintessential LPs and six bonus tracks with Chet Atkins doing what he does best backed by top Nashville session men. 16 page booklet with rare photos and detailed liner notes
Berry Chuck - After School Session +10 bonus tracks (CD)€13,00
• Chuck Berry’s debut LP, released in 1957 by Chess Records was packed with original gems that have become one of the cornerstones of rock ‘n’ roll – a truly representative sample of Berry in his prime.Ten bonus tracks from his heyday have been included, all remastered to achieve the most pristine sound.
• Detailed booklets with rare photos etc
Wray Link - Great Guitar Hits – His Underrated 1962 LP + 12 bonus tracks (CD)€13,00
• Guitar instrumentals with attitude. Link Wray, hugely influential in the decades after his 1958 instrumental hit ”Rumble,” developed a raunchy, distorted guitar sound refined from endless nights in smoky bars around his Washington, DC base. Guitarists from Pete Townsend to Jimmy Page cite Link’s growling guitar tone as having inspired their hard rock and heavy metal riffs.
• This remastered CD includes a rare 1962 LP “Great Guitar Hits” and 12 bonus tracks consisting of hard to find sides
• Detailed booklet with vintage memorabilia e
Chenier Clifton - Louisiana Stomp 1954-60 Recordings (CD)€12,00
• Singer, songwriter, accordionist, and flamboyant personality, the legendary Clifton Chenier was the undisputed “King of Zydeco”. He created the modern, hip-shaking, sounds of this eclectic and joyful idiom. Blending the French and Cajun two-steps and waltzes of Southwest Louisiana with New Orleans R&B, Texas blues, afro-Caribbean beats, a touch of big-band jazz, and the exciting new sound of rock & roll, Chenier set the standard for all the zydeco players who have followed in his footsteps.
This collector’s edition contains 29 tracks, including a wide selection of those fabulous tunes and hard-to-find sides Clifton Chenier recorded with his band for labels such as Elko, Specialty, Imperial, Argo, Zynn, and Chess subsidiary Checker, between 1954 and 1960. Some of the material here isn’t available on other collections, nor have these recordings ever been previously compiled on one CD.
Nolan Strong & The Diablos - Daddy Rockin’ Strong (1954-1962 Fortune Recordings) (CD)€13,00
• “There was a guy lived in Detroit and had a group called the Diablos.His name was Nolan Strong.They were my favoutite vocalists at the time”… Smokey Robinson
• An under appreciated group who were the forerunners of the Detroit soul sound.Devotees of vintage doo-wop rate Nolan Strong as one of the greatest singers of his day. This special re-mastered collector’s edition includes booklet with rare photos etc
Wilde Marty - Bad Boy / Showcase + Bonus Tracks (CD)€12,00
• A legend of rock & roll, British-style, Marty Wilde was one of the top UK stars of the late ’50s. He began his chart career in 1958 with a run of five top 10 hits. Wilde’s backing group, The Wildcats, featured lead guitarist Big Jim Sullivan, bassist Brian Locking and drummer Brian Bennett, who later joined The Shadows. This essential release presents two of Marty Wilde’s finest LPs from the peak of his career: the long unavailable masterpiece, ”Bad Boy”, and the equally splendid but underrated, ”Showcase”.
These two LPs were originally released in 1960 by the Epic and Philips labels, respectively. Both albums have now been remastered in this collector’s edition, which also contains 7 bonus tracks from the same period, including hits and hard to find sides.
Mamie Van Doren - Ooh Ba La Baby – Rock ’n’ Roll Recordings 1956-59 (CD)€13,00
Actress, singer, sex symbol and blonde bombshell (like her contemporaries Marilyn Monroe and Jayne Mansfield), Mamie van Doren was also an excellent rock ‘n’ roll performer and is best remembered for the juvenile delinquency exploitation movie “Untamed Youth” . The New York Times noted in 1957 that her “… variety of torrid generations.. are guaranteed to keep any red-blooded American boy awake”
• This collector’s edition presents 19 tracks from the rock ‘n’ roll era. Eddie Cochran plays guitar on at least three of the songs and there is also a duet with Paul Anka. Detailed booklet with rare photos etc.
Nelson Willie - …And Then I Wrote + 15 bonus tracks (CD)€13,00
• Willie Nelson with a short haircut, dressed in a suit and tie? Back in 1961 when this album was recorded, he was better known as a songwriter than a performer, but when he applied that warm expressive voice to his own material it was clear where his future lay. This CD features Nelson’s debut LP “.. And then I wrote” plus 15 bonus tracks
• Definitive re-mastered edition with detailed illustrated booklet
Butera Sam - The Wildest Clan plus Apache! + 6 bonus tracks (CD)€13,00
• Phenomenal saxophonist Sam Butera and his band The Witnesses backed Louis Prima for almost 20 years. He also made recordings in his own right and two albums from 1960/61 are coupled here. All the excitement and good humour generated on Prima recordings is present with the music becoming even more intensified with Butera in the forefront. Many of these tracks have long been unavailable
• Special re-mastered CD edition includes six bonus tracks plus detailed illustrated booklet